Ted Baszler, CFA®, CPA®
B.B.A., Accounting, University of Wisconsin Whitewater 1990
Professional Designations and Licenses
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) 1996
Earned the designation of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) 2003 C.
Vice President, Director of Research 11/2017–Present Legacy Capital Partners, Inc.
Portfolio Manager 02/2016–10/2017 ClearTrack Financial Advisors
Vice President, Portfolio Manager 01/2000–02/2015 Heartland Advisors, Inc.
Professional Designations-Qualifications and Related Criteria The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charter is globally respected, graduate-level investment credential established in 1962 and awarded by the CFA institute- the largest global association of investment professionals. The CFA program curriculum provides a comprehensive framework of knowledge for investment decision making and is firmly grounded in the knowledge and skills used every day in the investment profession. The three levels of the CFA program test a proficiency with a wide range of fundamental and advanced investment topics, including ethical and professional standards, fixed-income and equity analysis, alternative and derivative investment, economics, financial reporting standards, portfolio management, and wealth planning. The CFA program curriculum is updated every year by experts from around the world to ensure that candidate learn the most relevant and practical new tools, ideas, and investment and wealth management skills to reflect the dynamic and complex nature of the profession.
Qualifications as a CFA charterholder requires:
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent education or work experience.
• Successful completion of all three exam levels or the CFA program.
• 48 months of acceptable professional work experience in the investment decisionmaking process.
• Fulfillment of local society requirements, which vary by society.
• Entry into a Member’s Agreement, a Professional Conduct Statement, and any additional documentation requested by the CFA institute.
Certified Public Accountants are licensed by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy, Inc. (NASBA) to use the CPA mark. CPA requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, which includes a minimum number of qualifying credit hours in accounting and business administration.
• Successful completion of the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination which is set by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and administered by the NASBA.
• Additional state education and experience requirements.
• Continuing professional education.
Disciplinary Information Theodore D. Baszler does not have any disciplinary action to report. Public information concerning Mr. Baszler’s registration as an investment advisor representative may be found by accessing the SEC's public disclosure site at www.adviserinfo.sec.gov.
Additional Compensation Mr. Baszler receives no other compensation than from the fees earned from advisory clients.
Supervision Theodore Baszler is the Vice President and Director of Research at Legacy Capital Partners, Inc. Supervision of Mr. Baszler is performed by Jeff Brigman in his role as Chief Compliance Officer, through reviews of internal transaction and security holdings reports, electronic and physical correspondence, and other internal reports as mandated by the firm and its regulatory authorities. Jeff Brigman can be reached at 414-271-1664.